Personalized and professional home health care providers
Dignity. Community. Justice.
Personalized and professional home health care providers
We care! Let us connect you with trained home health aides today.
EnCasa Care Connections offers a personalized and friendly way to find someone to care for your loved one, while providing honorable and fair work to qualified home health aides in our community. Located in Albuquerque, New Mexico, we connect you with highly-qualified caregivers in the metro area so your loved one can get the trusted care they need, right at home. To get started, click “Connect With Caregivers” below, download our printable form here or call (505) 510-3295.
EnCasa Care Connections is a matching service provided by Encuentro
an Albuquerque-based nonprofit focused on engaging Latino immigrant families in educational and career development opportunities that build skills for economic and social justice.
In collaboration with Central New Mexico Community College, Encuentro offers Home Health Aide certification training in the spring and fall each year. EnCasa Care Connections matches Home Health Aide graduates with people in the community who are seeking home health care. Our goal through this service is to promote dignity, justice and a healthy community for your loved ones and caregivers alike.
Using an independent caregiver can save a family 20 to 30 percent.
Without an intermediary agency between the care recipient and the caregiver, all the wages go directly to the caregiver without administrative costs on top. In addition to cost savings for the care recipient and their family, independent caregivers can provide a broader range of services.
What our clients are saying:
What our home health aides are saying:
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Home Health Aide graduates have met and surpassed the training requirements as outlined by the New Mexico Department of Health and the federal government. This includes:
- 15-week Home Health Aide training and certification, in collaboration with Central New Mexico Community College (CNM).
- Certificate of completion for Personal Care Attendant
- Certificate of completion for Home Health Aide
- Hands-on training in a laboratory setting
- CPR certification
- Continuing education offerings at Encuentro, which include:
- English as a Second Language for Health Care Workers
- Independent Contracting for Home Health Aides
- Nutrition for Seniors
- One-hour refresher training sessions on topics such as Caring for Persons with Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, Fall Prevention, others.
Typical home health services include some combination of the following:
- Help with daily activities like dressing, bathing, toileting, oral hygiene, and shaving.
- Prepare meals and snacks. Accompaniment while eating.
- Give medication reminders and monitor medications.
- Check blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate and other vital signs, if needed.
- Do light housekeeping and laundry tasks.
- Spend quality time such as playing cards and puzzles, gardening, and looking at photos.
- Provide transportation and accompaniment to the grocery store, pharmacy, doctor’s office, senior center, and other such places.
Upon graduating from the course, our Home Health Aides undergo a criminal background check. We can also provide them with guidance and information resources if they are requested to have liability insurance in order to be employed by an EnCasa Care Connections client.
It is important to know that the Home Health Aide graduates have interacted with Encuentro staff and CNM faculty over a period of 15 weeks and have completed all requirements of a time-intensive and demanding course. We believe that this accomplishment demonstrates responsibility, commitment and trustworthiness.
- Using an independent caregiver can save a family 20% – 30%
- Independent or private caregivers are employed directly by the family. There is no intermediary agency between the care recipient and the caregiver.
- Independent caregivers can provide a broader range of services.
- Nationally, the average hourly rate for home care through a home care agency in 2017 is $20 per hour.
New Mexico wages for a home health aide averages $9.39/hour (from Occupational Employment Statistics, Dept of Labor). Semi-annual surveys of wage & salary workers and does not include self-employed workers) https://phinational.org/advocacy/home-health-aide-wages/
How do I find a Home Health Aide?
After completing your Home Care Needs Form we will recommend two to four candidates that best meet the needs as described. You can choose to contact the candidates directly or you can request they contact you first. You then have the opportunity to interview the candidates at your home, at the home of the person needing care, or a public space such as a library or coffee shop. The decision to hire one of the Home Health Aide candidates referred to you by EnCasa is your decision, exclusively.
I’m new to this. I’ve never interviewed someone to be a caregiver in my home. Can you help?
Yes. As you complete the Home Care Needs Form, you will find links to tools that can help you plan for conducting interviews with HHA candidates. An EnCasa representative will also be in touch with you and can offer other tools to meet your needs.
What credentials do workers have?
Our Home Health Aide graduates have met and surpassed the training requirements as outlined by the New Mexico Department of Health and the federal government. The graduates have passed exams at CNM to ensure that they understand theory and concepts of care giving, and have mastered the necessary practical skills. This includes CPR certification. Graduates are encouraged to participate in further training and educational opportunities, and to comply with continuing education requirements.
What services are offered?
What is a fair wage for home health care workers?
In the Albuquerque area, we believe that a fair wage for home care workers is $15.00 per hour and that transportation provided as part of work duties should be reimbursed at $.43/mile (State of NM mileage reimbursement rate as of 1/1/17).
How much of that hourly does the worker receive?
All of it.. Our mission as a nonprofit program is to support home health care workers in gaining employment that provides them with a decent wage to support themselves and their families. The whole point of the program is to increase the economic mobility for our graduates. We want them to be successful in this field and have positive experiences.
Does the program serve areas outside of Albuquerque?
The program service area includes Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Corrales, East Mountains, South Valley and the West Mesa. Locations beyond this area may be considered if at least two HHA candidates are available and appropriate to meet caregiving needs.
© 2017 EnCasa Care Connections.